After making these tacos I have decided to make every Tuesday “Taco Tuesday”. There are endless possibilities when it comes to tacos and salsa’s. I found a really great recipe for a Chipotle marinade and since it was so spicy I paired it with a mango and fennel salsa to balance it out. I know what your thinking, fennel salsa???? It actually came out really tasty. The fennel gives the taco a little crunch and you can’t go wrong with mangos!
For the Salsa: Mango, Fennel, Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Cilantro, and Lime
Mix all ingredients, cover and refrigerate.
Marinate the shrimp for as long as you want. I marinated mine for about 6 hours. Oh and I tripled the marinade recipe because it was soooooooo good and I wanted my shrimp smothered in its goodness 🙂
Saute the shrimp in a little oil and your good to go!!!!!
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 tablespoons tequila or vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -Throw it all into a blender and hit puree, it really is that easy
- 2 -Just keep tasting, everything is too taste in this, you can only go wrong if it’s too salty
- 3- It should be almost fluffy if you have blended it enough, a bold, beautiful red with remnants of chili seeds scattered all the way through it.