These Stuffed Mushrooms are a combination of my two favorite appetizers (Crab Cakes and Spinach-Artichoke Dip). They are full of savory, fresh ingredients and are the perfect start to any meal. Make them ahead of time before you have company over and all you have to do is pop them in the oven and you will have an instant crowd pleaser!!!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound dungeness crab meat
- 1 cup grated cheese, parmesan,cheddar,mozzarella or a combination
- 1 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (like panko)
- 3/4 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 18 large mushrooms, remove and reserve stems
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute chopped mushroom stems in olive oil for 2-3 minutes over high heat.
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, cheese, artichoke hearts, green onion, tabasco sauce, bacon, mayonnaise, sautéed mushroom stems, eggs, lemon juice and most of the bread crumbs. Mix well.
- The stuffing should be moist, but not wet. Add more breadcrumbs as needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Fill mushrooms with chilled stuffing mixture and bake for 10-15 minutes on oiled baking sheet.
- Cool 5 minutes and serve